Sunday, September 26, 2010

Beautiful Sunday!

I am currently lying on a banana lounge in my backyard in the fabulous Spring sunshine!!! It has been about 4 months since the weather has been this good, and as I'm lying here I can feel myself just starting to really relax! I'm not sure what it is about sunshine and the warm weather that just helps me to rest, and find peace and calm, but it really does. The sky has been cloud free and there is a gentle breeze blowing and I feel like it's blowing away my cares.

Neither Dave or I have been feeling well the last few days. I have a bad toothache and Dave has been really sick, so he took the morning off church, but I was singing on the music team so I went. I got home and he had gone out to pick something up from one of his brothers house so I have been lounging in the yard for over and hour and a half and it has been heaven.

My toothache was pretty bad before church so I downed 3 different types of over the counter painkillers - not sure how safe that was but...anyhoo! I then had to sing a solo at the start of How Great is Our God, the song by Chris Tomlin, and I was shaking so bad that I thought I was going to fall into a heap on stage!!! he he he. I'm not sure if that was purely from nerves or also from a slight overdose of asprin, panadol and ibuprofen!! :)

Tomorrow morning I'm making a call to my dentist, who I am praying has a free appointment so he can look at my teeth. If anyone happens to stumble upon this blog - please send up a prayer for me. Five years ago I had to have a root canal done, and I am petrified of the dentist, and as silly as it sounds I am praying that I don't have to have another one - or worse have a tooth removed.

On a completely different note I have started reading "Strong Women, Soft Hearts" by Paula Reinhart, and wow is this book having a great impact on me so far. I love it when God uses books to speak straight to my soul. I can't wait to get even further into it! Hopefully I'll remember to post more about it when I'm done!

Happy Sunday to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment