Saturday, September 4, 2010

Random Musings

This is going to be a random mass of ramblings today. I couldn't think of anything to write about specifically, so I figured I would just typing and see what happens! :)

There are two weeks left of school for this term, and I can't wait. I think I have found this term the most challenging since I started working at the school. I'm looking forward to relaxing and recharging, but also to doing some organising around our house while I have the break.

I have started a list of things that I want to buy for around our house. Dave and I are renting, so I'm always on the lookout for things that will make it feel more like our house. But I do struggle sometimes because we can't change the paint colour, put holes in the wall to hang photos up, change the carpet or curtains, we just have to make do for now with what is already in the house. (Like the green curtains that go really well with our second hand blue couches....NOT!)

I am excited about going and getting a second set of our cutlery setting. That means we'll have a 16 piece set! yay!! Dave and I both love having people over for meals, and this mean we'll be able to have lots of people around at once. Up until now we have been restricted to 6 people, because we only had enough cutlery for 8 people. With summer on the way it's perfect timing!

My baby craving had been increasing each day at the moment. (That almost sounds like I want to eat them!! I don't!!) I'm just really feeling the desire to be a mother, to be able to be at home, taking care of our home better, looking after my husband more and enjoying the experience of having a child of our own. I would be quite happy to have a baby now, but we're just holding off because we have a few plans before we do.

Like our trip to America, which hopefully will happen around May next year!!! Hopefully we'll be able to be there for around 4-5 weeks, and see as much as we can!

Number one on the list...DISNEYLAND!!! I have dreamed of going to Disneyland since I was little and I just want to go and look at everything there through childlike eyes. I'm so excited about Disneyland.

The other place that I'm really excited to see is the Grand Canyon. I cannot wait to be left completely speechless in awe of the beauty of God's creation. I'm hoping we can spend quite a few days there and see both the south and the north rim.

The other thing that we would like to do before we have a baby, is have our own house. Whether we buy and renovate an older house, or build a new one, we haven't really decided just yet, but obviously a lot will depend on finances.

So we need to be doing a lot of praying and seeking what God wants for us over the next year or so. It's hard to be patient and not try to make things happen on my own - which is a bad little habit of mine. I don't think there is anyone who ever reads this apart from me, but if you do happen to stumble upon this blog, please pray for us too!!

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment