Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Chicken, Ginger and Sweet Soy Stir-fry

So I am linking up again with Lyndsie at A Love Worth Waiting For with Monday’s Meals!


So this is my favourite new chicken stir-fry recipe. Just so you know, with my stir-fry’s I don’t measure anything, but I will try to give approximate measurements – but you can always add more or less of anything you like or don’t like! You can always double the recipe too if you have kids!

You will need :

Chicken 500gr – I used thigh fillets, but chicken breast works too.
2 Carrots
1 Red bell pepper
Buk Choy (an Asian green – you don’t need to have it)
Garlic – I used pre minced
Coriander - I used pre minced
Ginger – I used pre minced
Honey
Soy sauce
Kecap Manis (A sweet soy sauce)
Peanut oil
Sesame oil – you can leave out these oils if you like or if you have a nut allergy. Just substitute a little vegetable or canola oil instead!





Marinade the chicken first. I cut mine into pieces the placed them in a bowl with a teaspoon each of ginger and garlic. Add to that a ¼ cup each of the soy sauce and kecap manis. Stir in a good tablespoon of honey. (if you put the honey in the microwave for about 10 seconds it mixes into the other sauces much easier!) I let the chicken marinade in the fridge for about 30minutes, but the longer you let it sit the better the flavour!

While that’s happening start chopping up all your vegies. I did little sticks of carrot and little pieces of the pepper. The smaller you cut them the quicker they cook! I also tore the buk choy into small squares.



Once the chicken is done marinading, turn on your fry pan. To the pan add another good teaspoon each of ginger and garlic, a little of each of the oils (just a note, don’t add too much sesame oil – it’s really strong!). Add the chicken and stir it around until cooked through. Toss in the carrots and I like to add a little more of soy sauce, kecap manis and honey at this stage, enough to keep everything a little saucy!





Once the carrots have had a good stir, add the pepper bits. Keep stirring until the vegies are just cooked then add the buk choy. At the very last minute stir in some coriander – don’t forget the coriander, it really makes this dish!



Serve it up with some rice and it’s soooo good.

Let me know if you tried it!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this one. Wow looks yummy! I want to try this recipe because It looks healthy. I hope it is easy to cook. I'm sure to be back. Keep on sharing!

    Stir Fry Vegetables

    ReplyDelete