Thursday, March 24, 2011

Enough for Now

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.” Psalm 119:105


I am so glad that He only lights my path and not the whole journey! In my last post I mentioned that I had so much to write that I just couldn’t write anything. It was like when you really need to cry, but you’re too scared to, because you’re worried that if you start you won’t be able to stop.

That’s how I felt about writing yesterday. If I had written, it would have turned into an essay! A big one. God is taking Dave and I in a new direction, down a new path and there is so much to process.

I am a planner. I make insane amounts of lists. I like to know exactly where I am going, how I am going to get there and all the little stops on along the way. But sometimes, God’s plans for us can be a little overwhelming, and when I think too much about what He might want me to be doing, when I try to see too far down the path He has me on, I have a brain explosion.

That’s where I was the other day. And then I thought of the verse in Psalm 119. I don’t need to try and plan. I don’t need to know everything. I need to trust.

I need to trust that God will make known to me where my next step is to go. I need to trust that He will work everything in His perfect time and that what He shows me is enough for now.

Image found here


No comments:

Post a Comment