Friday, May 27, 2011

USA Travel Update 3

We are now under 5 weeks to departure, and I have no doubt that these last weeks will fly by. I am so excited about all that we will see and do, but since we first purchased our plane tickets I have wanted this trip to be much more than just another holiday.

I want to do more than just see the sights and eat a whole lot of food.

I want to meet people and hear their stories.

I want to marvel at the magnificence of natural wonders and Niagara Falls, the Grand Canyon and the Smokey Mountains.

I want to make incredible memories with Dave.

I am definitely going to enjoy eating a lot of food (Mexican, New York bagels, ice-cream) and I plan on shopping up a storm since the Aussie dollar is so good.

But I want it to be more.

I want to be changed by the people we meet and the places we see. I want to be drawn closer to God through the experience. I want my marriage to be strengthened by in car sing-alongs, and shared discoveries along the way (and the fact that we will be together for 53 days straight with very little time to ourselves!) I want to deepen our friendships with the Lum's and O'Kelly's.

Admittedly, I am really looking forward to not feeling cold for 7 weeks too. Being able to wear shorts and summer dresses will be bliss!

I have also added another scenic stop to our trip - hopefully we'll be able to fit it in. Antelope Canyon, AZ. The pictured on the web are incredible. Luckily it's not too far from the north rim of the Grand Canyon, so we should be able to see those stunning rock formations in person.

I cannot wait to give my camera a good workout - I'm so glad we purchased a DSLR to take with us. I can't wait to start putting up photo's that I have taken of famous landmarks, the places I have been dreaming of for so long.

We feel so blessed to be able to make this trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment