Saturday, November 5, 2011

Missional Focus: {Day 30} Grace

Being missional is living a life that involves intentionally serving others to win more to Christ through living out and sharing the Gospel.
  
15 But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, 16 keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander. (1 Peter 3:15-16)

“I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ.” Gandhi

I'm afraid that too often I fall into this category of being very unlike Christ. Yet I so desperately want to be like my Jesus.

For some people their first experience of God is through a Christian. That's kind of a lot of responsibility, and one we shouldn't take lightly. I know I will fail miserably time and time again at being a faithful representative of Him. So does He. That's why He has gifted us.

Grace.

Grace that is abounding, and miraculous and too wonderful to fully comprehend. And because it is so I want to learn how to love the way He first loved me. Sacrificially, generously, without expectation of anything in return and in such a way that others cannot deny that Christ is in me, and that He is good and cares deeply for us all.




No comments:

Post a Comment