Wednesday, March 28, 2012

New York City Wrap Up

I know, I know. We have been home from America for 7 months and I still haven't put up pictures of a lot of our trip.

I wish I could explain why, but I can't. But since Dave and I have been talking about trying to go back there some time in the not to distant future, I thought I should finish off posting about the last one, you know, before I put up photos of the next one!

So without further ado I give you the last few days in the fabulous New York City!

Believe it or not, we actually spent our third day in New York holed up in our hotel room. Crazy I know, but we both were exhausted and felt like we needed the break. So the only time we left was to get ourselves some dinner at check out one of the beaches on Staten Island. Especially since our tobacco chewing, spit friend from the Yankees Game had bragged on about how good they were. (He said even better than Florida - I was skeptical.) I was right. The one we stopped at was definitely not nicer than Destin Pointe. It was nice enough, but if I'm completely honest, I was expecting to step on a syringe at any moment.

It did provide us with a nice little sunset so I really shouldn't complain.

Our last day in NYC, which was really a last morning in NYC, we were again up at the crack of dawn so we could get in line for the Statue of Liberty ferry nice and early. We did the audio tour of Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. We couldn't believe the security we had to go through to get on the ferry for the tour. It was like airport security when you travel internationally!
Both the tours were fantastic. We both really loved hearing more about America's history, and what it was like arriving to this country and having the Statue of Liberty be the first thing you would see of your new homeland. It was really very moving.


It was just too bad we had to rush the Ellis Island tour because we had to make it to Pittsburgh that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment