Friday, May 18, 2012

Baby Room Inspiration

With a little one on the way, we have started to get things together for the baby's room. My parents very generously offered to buy us the cot and we found a beautiful cot on big time sale in a shop that is closing down. We picked that up a couple of weeks ago along with a portable cot and a few small items. So now comes the fun part - deciding on some ideas for the room!

This is our cot, although the colour of ours is a little lighter.

Here are some of the rooms I have found online (good old Pinterest) that I like. Boys and girls rooms, because we don't know what we're having yet! We also rent, so changing the paint colour is probably not an option at this point.

I started with pinning images of rooms with similar coloured beds.

I Love, love, LOVE this room. Love the colours, love the simplicity and I love the little creative touches; the ribbons on the wall, the ruffled pom poms, and the bunting above the little reading nook.


This room is so cute with the elephant mobile! And you could easily change up the accent colour.


I love that this room is based around very neutral pieces. The wall colour and the furniture are all simple and classic. Once again changing up the accent colour would easily make it suited to a boy.  

This last room is another one that I LOVED the moment I saw it. The cot is white, but I just love the colour combination that has been used in this space.


So these are a few rooms that I really love the whole feel of and are a nice starting point for gathering ideas for creating a space for baby Timberlake!

No comments:

Post a Comment