Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Things I have Been Surprised By


Things I have been surprised by since we Hugo arrived...

That his poo doesn't completely gross me out. And that I actually tried to catch it one day to stop it from going all over the change mat (you know you're a mother when you do that!)

How confident Dave has been with holding him, changing nappies, dressing him, putting him in his car seat, and just in general. I knew he would be a great dad, but his instant confidence in the role took me by surprise.

How completely in love with Hugo I am.

How completely all consuming caring for him has been these first couple of weeks.

How protective of him I am, and how cautiously I want to be in introducing him to the wider world around him.

That having him has made me love Dave even more. Having and loving our son has increased the love I have for his father.

How much praying I have been doing. I don't think I have ever prayed as much as I have over the last couple of weeks. Prayer has become almost constant, and they seem to be much deeper emotionally for me as I pray for Hugo.

That I seem to have forgotten what life was like before him.

That co-sleeping feels completely right for our family.

That I want to have another baby as soon as possible.

That it really is true that you forget the pain of childbirth. It takes a few days, but that memory really does pass.


No comments:

Post a Comment